Community Birth Center
3663 College Street SE Ste. C
Lacey, WA 98503
Talk to your midwife to see if birthing at the Community Birth Center is right for you!
The birth center is a health care facility for childbirth where care is provided in the midwifery and wellness model. The birth center is freestanding and not a hospital.
Birth centers are an integrated part of the health care system and are guided by principles of prevention, sensitivity, safety, appropriate medical intervention and cost-effectiveness.
The birth center respects and facilitates a birthing person's right to make informed choices about their health care and their baby’s health care based on their values and beliefs. The client's family & support people are welcome to participate in the pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period.
The Community Birth Center (CBC) in Lacey, WA is contracted with many insurance companies who cover most/all of your stay. Please contact your midwife with insurance and cash pay questions.
For some people, giving birth at home is not an easy choice. This can be due to the location of their home, childcare, pets or comfort level. A birth center provides a home away from home.
- Your midwife will attend your birth the same if you are at home or at the birth center.
- You have access to the tub to utilize in labor and for your birth, if you desire.
- You must be healthy and have a low-risk pregnancy.
- Oxygen, pharmaceuticals, herbs, birth assistant, life-saving equipment/tools, etc.
- You have to drive to the birth center in labor, instead of staying home.
- You will need to go home a few hours after giving birth, instead of staying home.
- VBACs are not allowed at birth centers.
- You do not need to purchase and gather birth supplies, they are included in your birth center birth.
- You do not have to manage tub rentals, there is one included in your birth center stay.
- CBC is in Lacey, WA with very nearby hospitals, should a transfer be necessary (depending on the location of your home, it may be safer)
Feel free to consult with your midwife with further questions about deciding where to birth your baby!